AppSumo is a daily deals site that showcases popular native app, web app, and online course deals for users. Aside from discounts, you can discover newly launched software, digital products, and tools curated by a team of experts. It doesn’t matter whether you’re an entrepreneur, freelancer, or a tech lover; there’s something for everybody.
In detail, there are native applications for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Apart from that, numerous web-based services, courses, and memberships, such as AppSumo’s expert advising and mentorship program, are available on the platform. Upon discovery, you’ll learn everything about a product: price, user reviews, features, descriptions, and many other useful things.
Aside from the standard deals, the platform also offers an advanced membership it calls AppSumo Plus. For $99 per year as of this writing, you’ll enjoy certain features over the public version. In detail, you can benefit from the following:
- Additional 10% purchase discount. Since you’re already getting a higher value deal than the applications’ original vendor price, an extra 10% off would be advantageous. If you have more to spare, you can purchase more software or services from the site.
- Access to Giveaway Pro. If you want to grow your email or newsletter list, what’s better than a giveaway? Using AppSumo’s giveaway platform, you don’t have to allocate expenses for ads, promotions, and guest posts.
- Exclusive deals. Get a better discovery of what the site has to offer. First, you can access the live webinars in which the company showcases new products that haven’t hit their platform yet. Next, before anybody else sees a deal, you can already view it. Lastly, as soon deals expire for regular members, being a Plus subscriber grants you extended time to purchase something.
Brief History Of AppSumo
AppSumo was launched in 2010 by Noah Kagan. In 2011, Inc. Magazine recognized it as the fastest-growing company in North America. Today, the company situates its headquarter in Sausalito, CA, with additional San Francisco, CA, and New York offices.
With only limited funding, Noah utilized all his resources to start the company. As a fruitful result, the app became what we know of today. In its early days, the platform only offered lifetime deals for computer applications. Today, you can find thousands of apps, services, and many other values as of this writing.
Aside from established brands, many startups use the platform to gain traction. With AppSumo’s discovery methods, members can easily find new or upcoming items giving developers higher chances to attract users to their latest products.
If you want an example, please take a look at Imgur. Long before it became a significant player in the online image sharing industry, it was only a listing in AppSumo under “Imgur Pro.” Seeing how successful and prominent Imgur is now today, one can’t overlook how great AppSumo is as a platform for kickstarting new digital products.
How Does It Work?
When you start using AppSumo, you can quickly figure out how it works. On its homepage, there should be brief and informative details regarding its operations. If you want to learn about the benefits of using the service, please read through the end.
There are two ways different ways you can view deals in AppSumo. First, on its Browse section, you’ll see countless deal recommendations. If you want a granular view, you can filter out categories. Next, if you subscribe to the platform’s email list, you can get discount alerts right in your inbox. While it’s an inconvenient method for some, it’s an excellent way to stay up to date if you forget to check out the site from time to time.
As mentioned previously, you’ll get more discovery features when you subscribe to AppSumo Plus. Aside from the standard browsing of deals, you can access the live webinars showcasing previews on what products will arrive on the service. Also, when a deal goes live on the platform, as a Plus member, you’ll get early access. When a deal expires, in most cases, you can still access it.
How AppSumo Offers Deals?
AppSumo coordinates with different companies and brands to agree upon specific deals. While it seems like vendors will get less, it’s the other way around. As you see, in 2020, companies saved around $500 million by partnering with the platform. Accordingly, users can benefit from quality applications at a lower price tag.
Users can quickly discover different applications and services via search, categories, and filters on the site. Additionally, with transparent pricing and app details, it’s easy to decide whether a deal can benefit you. After selection, purchasing is hassle-free with Credit or debit card and Paypal payment options.
Should you change your mind after purchasing, AppSumo offers a 60-day money-back policy. Finally, if ever you encounter issues, it has excellent after-sale support.
What Are The Benefits?
If you’re still undecided if AppSumo is right for you, please take a look at these benefits you’ll enjoy from this platform:
- Cheaper apps or service prices. As the core premise of AppSumo, you’ll get significant discounts compared to buying directly from vendors. Aside from your advantage, app developers and companies also benefit from this system. Through the platform’s distribution, discovery, and marketing, it’s easier for them, especially startups, to gain traction and sales.
- Safe and secure. Unlike other similar sites, all applications and services on AppSumo are safe and secure. What does this mean? Since all endorsed all products are scanned, reviewed, and verified, you don’t have to worry about malware and faulty software.
- Discovery of new software. Contrary to mobile app markets such as Google Play or App Store, computer software discovery isn’t that mainstream. Yes, some sites showcase this type of content; however, they’re not as effective, accessible, and up-to-date as AppSumo. Using the platform, you can discover different programs that you never knew you needed.
- Excellent after-sale support and policy. Since you’re putting money on the line, it’s great to know that the platform provides excellent after-sale procedures. Aside from accommodating customer-support, you’ll also get a 60-day money-back guarantee should you change your mind about your purchase.